Sages of the All World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Announcement V
Spell and Experience EmptyNovember 24th 2009, 4:27 am by Monty2289
Attention All Members

Alright guys, Sorry I haven't coming to the site. Between working on a new site and overwhelming amounts work, I haven't been doing this place justice. Alright so the break is keeping me from using the net as much as I can (or need) so I want this site's revival to be effective.

If everyone still checks here (and I hope you all do), we will continue with our stories …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 0
Announcement VI
Spell and Experience EmptyOctober 28th 2009, 5:48 pm by Monty2289
Attention All Members...

The RP Officially Begins Today!!

Interim this means that the "Sage Awakening Short Stories" can and must be posted within the following three weeks. - In the respective topics on the World Map. Please look at the "Sage Awakening Story" thread for any information and if it is not there please consult that thread in order to ask any questions.

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 0
Latest topics
» Announcement V
Spell and Experience EmptyNovember 24th 2009, 4:27 am by Monty2289

» Bleach - Words Just Don't Like You
Spell and Experience EmptyNovember 10th 2009, 4:54 am by ssj3gohan007

» RP Projects
Spell and Experience EmptyNovember 8th 2009, 8:15 pm by Monty2289

» Skye Fafnir - Sage of Light : A Knight's Tale
Spell and Experience EmptyNovember 8th 2009, 3:24 pm by LolitaComplex

» Preset Information
Spell and Experience EmptyNovember 7th 2009, 6:28 am by Monty2289

» Every Breeze tells a Tale - Sherry LeBlanc
Spell and Experience EmptyNovember 6th 2009, 1:16 am by LeBlanc

» Zero(Nature)
Spell and Experience EmptyOctober 30th 2009, 6:24 pm by Monty2289

» Eisan Skygge Impara- Sage of Shadows; The Beginning (incomplete)
Spell and Experience EmptyOctober 29th 2009, 11:01 am by ShadowSkill89

» For the sake of getting to know each other
Spell and Experience EmptyOctober 29th 2009, 8:06 am by ShadowSkill89

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 86 on April 21st 2021, 5:13 pm
Statistics
We have 10 registered users
The newest registered user is Vitus2235

Our users have posted a total of 394 messages in 47 subjects

Spell and Experience

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Monty2289
Admin
Monty2289

Character Sheet
Name: Yusei Nohansen Kozuch Sumeria
Race: Calatian
Abilities:

Spell and Experience Empty
PostSubject: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience EmptyOctober 6th 2009, 5:32 pm

Since I'm apparently going to bleed a river from my mouth (MY ACTUAL MOUTH....don't make a horrid joke.....Joey) I've decided to take this horrible time and use it to talk about Experience in terms of our spells

Okay so we've decided on a Customization Tree and Spell Limits. With those we further said that we can utilize improvements for spells right? So we need to come up with exactly how experience is going to be monitored. We also need a way to know which spells initialize what amount of strength in general and against others.

I'm going to talk about a few key things I've come up with. SO PLEASE PAY ATTENTION AND READ ACCORDINGLY......Because it will be fairly long. Our experience moderator, nee-chan. You need to look at this

The key things that I've come up with that we need to discuss are the following
- Type and Special Type Spells
- Subtype
- General Stat (Level Stat)
- Element Stat (Element Power Number)
- Specific Stat (Power Number)

I. Types and Special Types______________________________________________
Types will be identify as generally what the spell does. They will fall into 4 Categories.
1.) Offensive
2.) Defensive
3.) Combination
4.) Support

Offensive will be any spell that directly comes from the caster that is used directly on the opponent. It's a spell that should not have ANY additional effects other than for attacking. Using it indirectly is fine such as: If I use the spell just for the purpose of creating fire. In that case no additional information will apply to it other than that it is spell and the element type is fire.

Spoiler:

Defensive will be any spell that comes directly from the caster but it used in response to a spell used by the opponent or ON a spell used by the opponent. Using it indirectly is fine such as: If the spell used for the purpose of just creating a general effect. In that case no additional information will apply to it other than it being a spell and its element type.

Spoiler:

Combination will be any spell that has an offensive effect that carries the addition of being defensive or supportive and/or any combination of the three.

Spoiler:

Support is any spell that indirectly aids in general. Basically it is any spell that does not attacks or defends. Support spells should not cause damage nor should they stop attacks unless it is one part of a combination spell. (Even then the part of the combination spell that is support is still indirect and does not attack or defend.)

Spoiler:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Special Types will be additional spells that have their own defined class.

Summoning Spells: These spells will be for the purpose of (obviously) summoning an object or creature. They are essentially indirect spells (I don't really have an example for this one) Razz

Forbidden Spells: These spells are forbidden. They will be the only spells that might obstruct the "specific stat number" and have a drawback function. These spells can work both directly and indirectly.

Spoiler:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sub-Types
- Subtypes will just be what element the spells falls into. Since this RPG is mainly about the sages those elements will be the sub-types with the addition of "normal" (a spell with elemental quality)

So....
Non-Elemental, Light, Nature, Wind, Fire, Ice, Water, Darkness, Spirit.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
General Stat

Listen up. Because this is mainly what I'd like to use. Stats for our spells. Stats will be measured in increments of +1. And only up to 5. That means the general stat will be from 0 to 5. It will be defined as the number that is awarded TO ALL SPELLS according to the current sage level that a character is in (or any equivalent level). This can also be called the "Primary Power Number".

Example
Spoiler:

So...The general stat will be the first number to look at to determine the power of a spell. Simply put. If I'm using a spell with a primary power number of 4 that means I'm using a Shoku Master Level Spell. If anyone else uses a spell below that number that spell is weaker.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Element Power Number

This will be a secondary prime stat but it exists to it self. So if you're confused let me explained. The sub-types (i.e. the elements) will each carry there own stat numbers for both Offensive and Defensive Spells. It will go from 1 to 5

I don't know how controversial this will get but I came up with those numbers myself. We can talk about them if you guys want them changed.

Non-elemental Offensive Element # = 1, Defensive Element # =1
Light: Offensive Element # = 3, Defensive Element # = 2
Nature: Offensive Element # = 3, Defensive Element # = 4
Wind: Offensive Element # = 2, Defensive Element # = 3
Fire: Offensive Element # = 5, Defensive Element # = 0
Ice: Offensive Element # = 4, Defensive Element # = 3
Water: Offensive Element # = 1, Defensive Element # = 5
Darkness: Offensive Element # = 2, Defensive Element # =2
Spirit: Offensive Element # = 4, Defensive Element # = 4

Yeah Spirit is the bunz. But I was being extensively logical in the decisions for those number. Still if you have a problem....just say so. Especially with mine...Though I made it fair. I have a max offensive power with no defense because well.....that's what fire is. Nee-chan I also notice that your number is also quite low. Don't worry (It's not out of hate or anything).

This number will remain CONSTANT. Regardless of Level. And like the Primary Power number it is applied to all spells.

Example
Spoiler:

Since the spell in that example is offensive the Element Offensive Number applies.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Specific Stat

Last but not least is the Specific Stat or "THE" power number. This will be the individual number for each spell (THE SPELL ITSELF). This number will also go from 1 to 5. Okay this is where the the notion of our "improvements" come in during each level.

The standard or standard max that I want to allow for any all spells once they are made/accquired will be 3. So the improvements will come between that maximum and 5. So if you reach the number 5 for a spell that spell is at it's most powerful and therefore is perfected.

Example
Spoiler:

So the spell's power number is "2 and a half" when I first obtain it. NO SPELL MAY GO PAST "3" when starting. That means I have 2 1/2 improvement jumps until the spell is perfected. Our Experience Mod. can set the amount it is raised by in increments of a half to 1 or even more if she wants. It all depends on how we want to award it. Rather it be through training or the actual RP.

So what do all of these numbers mean in the end. We add each of the numbers starting with Power Number. (The power number of the spell's strength itself will then be determined by both the element's type number and the primary power number.)

So 4 + 5 + 2.5 = 11.5 is the full power of the spell "General Quasar" That number can change if I improve the power number (i.e. that 2.5)

Understand?.............

So if anyone has any questions don't hesitate to ask. I know this is a lot of info but comb through it. I specifically need the Experience Moderator to look at this. Because it is not specifically my job to do this.

Last edited by Monty2289 on October 7th 2009, 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sazu

Sazu

Character Sheet
Name: Atlas Cadfael Lethonious Zora
Race: Hylian (Cursed)
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience EmptyOctober 7th 2009, 5:18 am

Aww my elements offensive power is the suckiest!!! though I've got the greatest defense so I guess that's okay. This thing is like SUPER complicated which is probably why I like it so much, though once you sit down and read it carefully it's a really effective system and not that difficult to implement into the RPG so GREAT JOB, MONTY!!
Back to top Go down
Monty2289
Admin
Monty2289

Character Sheet
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience EmptyOctober 7th 2009, 5:32 am

Thank you. I thought that spells like this could get a little controversial so I might not add them. But if anyone else wants to use this system. I guess we can add boosting spells.

But no one wants to see my ideas for "Fermus" or "Dragon Contender" or any equivalent spell. XD

And thank you for instantly understanding the stat systems just like that.
Back to top Go down
ShadowSkill89

Character Sheet
Name: Eisan Skygge Impara
Race: Sheikah
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience EmptyOctober 7th 2009, 6:49 am

believe me you dont want to see, them... But I like this idea...
Back to top Go down
Monty2289
Admin
Monty2289

Character Sheet
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience EmptyOctober 7th 2009, 7:07 am

Hey...Fermus is a Shoku Master Level spell. Of course its going to boost power from out of the butt.

But yeah...I said in an example, joey that a spell could hit 6. But I set it that a spell's power number goes up to five. Let's get rid of that. Because it's controversial if we use a spell that allows it to go over 5.

So yeah...Power numbers can go up to 10 (in increments of a half or + 1) The highest any starting spell will be is still 3. This way if we use a boosting spell that raises the power number stat and it goes over 5 that's cool
Back to top Go down
Sazu

Sazu

Character Sheet
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience EmptyOctober 7th 2009, 8:04 pm

So...instead of ending in 5 as the maximum strenght of each spell now they'll end in 10? that's means we'll have to work harder or at least longer to perfect them and if we use a boosting spell on a spell with 10 as it's power number then it won't do anything right? since it's already at it's max power though we can simply write that any spell that might go over 10 will be uncontrollable for even the strongest master and it will end up indiscrimenately damaging anything and anyone around it or maybe even killing him/her in the process...
Back to top Go down
Monty2289
Admin
Monty2289

Character Sheet
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience EmptyOctober 7th 2009, 9:18 pm

Pretty much yes....

10 will be the maximum strength of all spells. And for the extremely illiterate (not that any of you are illiterate.) But what that means is that the POWER NUMBER STAT or SPECIFIC STAT goes up to 10. So you guys won't jump to conclusions about the other 2 stat numbers.

The overall power of a spell will still go over 10. The overall power is equal to the General Stat + Element Stat + Specific Stat. Any time we use the summation of those numbers we are only using it to infer that in a battle where spells are coming and going....you will always know the strongest/stronger spell.

In any battle the specific stat will ALWAYS count first. You know that a spell that is 3 as oppose to a spell that is 1 is stronger (I hope your math skills tell you that). If any set of spell's specfic stat equal the same then you move up to the element power stat. In any type of offensive setting my element power stat will normally give me the advantage (unless an opponent's offensive spell is of the same subtype or it's specific stat number is more than 3.)

In the worst case scenerio there is the general stat (primary power number). Used in the case that the sum of the element stat and specific stat for 2 spells (used by two different ppl) are the same. At this point the worst case scenerio SHOULD NEVER APPLY to the sages. We always stuck in the same level or a level equivalent. So if our element stat and specific stat numbers of any one spell are the same, guess what? Your General Stat is STILL going to make those spells equal.

Example
Spell of a = 2 + 3 = 5 (2 being the specific stat, 3 being the element offensive stat)
Spell of b = 3 + 2 = 5 (3 being the specific stat, 2 being the element offensive stat)

If those spells belong to a sage they have to be at the same general stat number (determined by the level that they are at). Let's say those spells are used at the 1st Level. (Sage Apprentice Level)

Both spells are equal to 6 and are overall equal in power. And case closed.
Back to top Go down
ShadowSkill89

Character Sheet
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience EmptyOctober 7th 2009, 10:24 pm

but what happens when, and if, that happens? Do they cancel eachother out completely?
Back to top Go down
Monty2289
Admin
Monty2289

Character Sheet
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience EmptyOctober 7th 2009, 10:47 pm

In the end even that becomes moot point since it's all just a number. if a spell hits a person it's going to cause damage, no 2 ways about it. But if we want to make the limit numbers MORE imporant we could incorporate a damage system. But this would be turning more into an RPG than I would like at that point.

Then again it wouldn't be too difficult to just add a health stat wouldn't it?
Back to top Go down
ShadowSkill89

Character Sheet
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience EmptyOctober 8th 2009, 9:05 am

well, what if the perpose was to lessen the damage from your opponents attack by aiming for there attack
Back to top Go down
Monty2289
Admin
Monty2289

Character Sheet
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience EmptyOctober 8th 2009, 8:17 pm

Wow...did you look at that question bro? Sure that would make since if (and again) we had a damage/hp system. And what would be the determinating factor in how much damage an attack does after it's clashed with another spell. XD
Back to top Go down
ShadowSkill89

Character Sheet
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience EmptyOctober 9th 2009, 6:16 am

well, I just believe if two spells of equal power colide then it would cancel them both out... not really add any damage system or anything...
Back to top Go down
Sazu

Sazu

Character Sheet
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience EmptyOctober 9th 2009, 8:36 am

Well isn't that what defensive spells are for though i understand what you mean...though if two spells collide i'd guess they'd hinder each others progress though that won't make them dissapear so in the end using an attack spell to stop another will probably have some sort of splash effect or something which would probably then spill over the fight's sorrounding maybe even taking down a few civilians(if there are any) well w/e just hypothetically speaking of course since in the end Monty has the final say since he's the one who came up with it so he'll know how to handle such situations
Back to top Go down
LeBlanc

LeBlanc

Character Sheet
Name: Sherry Allison Ouka LeBlanc
Race: Human
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience EmptyOctober 12th 2009, 10:22 pm

.... I hate to say it, but I'm confused on a few points. I understand that 5 is the maximum power number before it reaches perfection. Now I might have misread, but where do the other numbers come from. Are those your Offensive and Defensive numbers or is it something else. I'm clear on all other points, but thats what throws me off.
Back to top Go down
ShadowSkill89

Character Sheet
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience EmptyOctober 13th 2009, 2:25 am

it seems to me that there is a general power lvl of the spell which is determined by the level of training you are currently at. (like intraining, and apprentace) and I think that is one of those numbers, then there is a number that comes from your elemental type, both offensive and defensive. You are wind so you get plus 2 power to offensive and plus 3 to defensive "Wind: Offensive Element # = 2, Defensive Element # = 3" and then there is a power lvl that you assign the spell yourself. And I thikn he bumped the max power of the spells to ten.
Back to top Go down
Sazu

Sazu

Character Sheet
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience EmptyOctober 13th 2009, 3:33 am

More or less what kage said, primary number is your "rank" or "level"(shoku master, etc.) then your element's individual stats and like kage said yours are 2/3 though the spells that are offensive, i think, don't have any defensive qualities and then at last is the actual spells power ranging from 1-10, 10 meaning perfected...If you still have problems that can't be solved by sitting down and trying to understand the mechanic of the system then I'd suggest you ask Monty personally sicne he's the person with the best grasp in the system since he well...made it X3
Back to top Go down
Monty2289
Admin
Monty2289

Character Sheet
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience EmptyOctober 13th 2009, 4:10 am

I also mentioned this system was not a Law. I specifically stated that the Experience Mod. would either have to agree with it or come up with one all her own. It's her job not mine. I just jumped on it because if I didn't it honestly wouldn't get done or mentioned/specified with in a precise enough time for my liking. And truth be told it hasn't. Since Nee-chan has JUST NOW made one post in this entire thread.
Back to top Go down
Sazu

Sazu

Character Sheet
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience EmptyOctober 13th 2009, 4:39 am

Well yeah that's true...guess she'll have to decide though if we have to vote to keep the system I'm all up for that XD
Back to top Go down
LeBlanc

LeBlanc

Character Sheet
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience EmptyOctober 13th 2009, 6:46 am

I love the system. Because it brings out my inner Video Game Player... and she's a crazy bitch. And Now I have to default to my original Question.... Ahem: Why do my stats suck so much? I'm second last to Darkness...
Back to top Go down
Sazu

Sazu

Character Sheet
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience EmptyOctober 13th 2009, 7:55 am

Hey at least you don't have 1 as offensive power T-T so technically I'm the weakest offensively though my defense is the best so it all balances out, monty said that it was all created logically BUT if you had a problem with it then you should discuss it with him if you have a problem with the numbers...
Back to top Go down
ShadowSkill89

Character Sheet
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience EmptyOctober 14th 2009, 2:32 am

hum... I asked him the same question... and his answer, like sazu said, was logic... and atleast your not at the bottom so be happy about that...
Back to top Go down
Monty2289
Admin
Monty2289

Character Sheet
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience EmptyOctober 14th 2009, 5:38 am

I am at the bottom. You guys are just sad about Offensive Power number. And Sazu should be the most unhappy about that. In terms of balance in number yours is just the lowest Joey. While Rayne's is the highest. I DID say stuff isn't set in stone. If you want to change it just ask.
Back to top Go down
Rayne

Rayne

Character Sheet
Name: Aselea Cruxis
Race: Twilit
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience EmptyOctober 14th 2009, 6:20 am

Most balanced is A-Okay with me. Fits me as a person.
Back to top Go down
Monty2289
Admin
Monty2289

Character Sheet
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience EmptyOctober 14th 2009, 6:34 am

For some reason I believed that it fit spirit rather. Or is it the "Love" element so to speak that is normally more on the "perk" end of all the elements. Spirit = What would happen if the power of "Heart" didn't suck unless it was applied to summoning Captain Planet on a daily basis.
Back to top Go down
LeBlanc

LeBlanc

Character Sheet
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience EmptyOctober 14th 2009, 5:05 pm

Cap. Planet was awesome... except for the Mullet... I wasn't feeling that... But if my Strength and my Defense leave something to be desired... what picks up the slack? My Magic Usage?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience Empty

Back to top Go down

Spell and Experience
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sages of the All World :: Out of Character :: Thinking Differently-
Jump to: