Sages of the All World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Announcement V
Spell and Experience - Page 2 EmptyNovember 24th 2009, 4:27 am by Monty2289
Attention All Members

Alright guys, Sorry I haven't coming to the site. Between working on a new site and overwhelming amounts work, I haven't been doing this place justice. Alright so the break is keeping me from using the net as much as I can (or need) so I want this site's revival to be effective.

If everyone still checks here (and I hope you all do), we will continue with our stories …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 0
Announcement VI
Spell and Experience - Page 2 EmptyOctober 28th 2009, 5:48 pm by Monty2289
Attention All Members...

The RP Officially Begins Today!!

Interim this means that the "Sage Awakening Short Stories" can and must be posted within the following three weeks. - In the respective topics on the World Map. Please look at the "Sage Awakening Story" thread for any information and if it is not there please consult that thread in order to ask any questions.

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 0
Latest topics
» Announcement V
Spell and Experience - Page 2 EmptyNovember 24th 2009, 4:27 am by Monty2289

» Bleach - Words Just Don't Like You
Spell and Experience - Page 2 EmptyNovember 10th 2009, 4:54 am by ssj3gohan007

» RP Projects
Spell and Experience - Page 2 EmptyNovember 8th 2009, 8:15 pm by Monty2289

» Skye Fafnir - Sage of Light : A Knight's Tale
Spell and Experience - Page 2 EmptyNovember 8th 2009, 3:24 pm by LolitaComplex

» Preset Information
Spell and Experience - Page 2 EmptyNovember 7th 2009, 6:28 am by Monty2289

» Every Breeze tells a Tale - Sherry LeBlanc
Spell and Experience - Page 2 EmptyNovember 6th 2009, 1:16 am by LeBlanc

» Zero(Nature)
Spell and Experience - Page 2 EmptyOctober 30th 2009, 6:24 pm by Monty2289

» Eisan Skygge Impara- Sage of Shadows; The Beginning (incomplete)
Spell and Experience - Page 2 EmptyOctober 29th 2009, 11:01 am by ShadowSkill89

» For the sake of getting to know each other
Spell and Experience - Page 2 EmptyOctober 29th 2009, 8:06 am by ShadowSkill89

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 86 on April 21st 2021, 5:13 pm
Statistics
We have 10 registered users
The newest registered user is Vitus2235

Our users have posted a total of 394 messages in 47 subjects

Spell and Experience

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Monty2289
Admin
Monty2289

Character Sheet
Name: Yusei Nohansen Kozuch Sumeria
Race: Calatian
Abilities:

Spell and Experience - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience - Page 2 EmptyOctober 6th 2009, 5:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

Since I'm apparently going to bleed a river from my mouth (MY ACTUAL MOUTH....don't make a horrid joke.....Joey) I've decided to take this horrible time and use it to talk about Experience in terms of our spells

Okay so we've decided on a Customization Tree and Spell Limits. With those we further said that we can utilize improvements for spells right? So we need to come up with exactly how experience is going to be monitored. We also need a way to know which spells initialize what amount of strength in general and against others.

I'm going to talk about a few key things I've come up with. SO PLEASE PAY ATTENTION AND READ ACCORDINGLY......Because it will be fairly long. Our experience moderator, nee-chan. You need to look at this

The key things that I've come up with that we need to discuss are the following
- Type and Special Type Spells
- Subtype
- General Stat (Level Stat)
- Element Stat (Element Power Number)
- Specific Stat (Power Number)

I. Types and Special Types______________________________________________
Types will be identify as generally what the spell does. They will fall into 4 Categories.
1.) Offensive
2.) Defensive
3.) Combination
4.) Support

Offensive will be any spell that directly comes from the caster that is used directly on the opponent. It's a spell that should not have ANY additional effects other than for attacking. Using it indirectly is fine such as: If I use the spell just for the purpose of creating fire. In that case no additional information will apply to it other than that it is spell and the element type is fire.

Spoiler:

Defensive will be any spell that comes directly from the caster but it used in response to a spell used by the opponent or ON a spell used by the opponent. Using it indirectly is fine such as: If the spell used for the purpose of just creating a general effect. In that case no additional information will apply to it other than it being a spell and its element type.

Spoiler:

Combination will be any spell that has an offensive effect that carries the addition of being defensive or supportive and/or any combination of the three.

Spoiler:

Support is any spell that indirectly aids in general. Basically it is any spell that does not attacks or defends. Support spells should not cause damage nor should they stop attacks unless it is one part of a combination spell. (Even then the part of the combination spell that is support is still indirect and does not attack or defend.)

Spoiler:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Special Types will be additional spells that have their own defined class.

Summoning Spells: These spells will be for the purpose of (obviously) summoning an object or creature. They are essentially indirect spells (I don't really have an example for this one) Razz

Forbidden Spells: These spells are forbidden. They will be the only spells that might obstruct the "specific stat number" and have a drawback function. These spells can work both directly and indirectly.

Spoiler:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sub-Types
- Subtypes will just be what element the spells falls into. Since this RPG is mainly about the sages those elements will be the sub-types with the addition of "normal" (a spell with elemental quality)

So....
Non-Elemental, Light, Nature, Wind, Fire, Ice, Water, Darkness, Spirit.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
General Stat

Listen up. Because this is mainly what I'd like to use. Stats for our spells. Stats will be measured in increments of +1. And only up to 5. That means the general stat will be from 0 to 5. It will be defined as the number that is awarded TO ALL SPELLS according to the current sage level that a character is in (or any equivalent level). This can also be called the "Primary Power Number".

Example
Spoiler:

So...The general stat will be the first number to look at to determine the power of a spell. Simply put. If I'm using a spell with a primary power number of 4 that means I'm using a Shoku Master Level Spell. If anyone else uses a spell below that number that spell is weaker.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Element Power Number

This will be a secondary prime stat but it exists to it self. So if you're confused let me explained. The sub-types (i.e. the elements) will each carry there own stat numbers for both Offensive and Defensive Spells. It will go from 1 to 5

I don't know how controversial this will get but I came up with those numbers myself. We can talk about them if you guys want them changed.

Non-elemental Offensive Element # = 1, Defensive Element # =1
Light: Offensive Element # = 3, Defensive Element # = 2
Nature: Offensive Element # = 3, Defensive Element # = 4
Wind: Offensive Element # = 2, Defensive Element # = 3
Fire: Offensive Element # = 5, Defensive Element # = 0
Ice: Offensive Element # = 4, Defensive Element # = 3
Water: Offensive Element # = 1, Defensive Element # = 5
Darkness: Offensive Element # = 2, Defensive Element # =2
Spirit: Offensive Element # = 4, Defensive Element # = 4

Yeah Spirit is the bunz. But I was being extensively logical in the decisions for those number. Still if you have a problem....just say so. Especially with mine...Though I made it fair. I have a max offensive power with no defense because well.....that's what fire is. Nee-chan I also notice that your number is also quite low. Don't worry (It's not out of hate or anything).

This number will remain CONSTANT. Regardless of Level. And like the Primary Power number it is applied to all spells.

Example
Spoiler:

Since the spell in that example is offensive the Element Offensive Number applies.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Specific Stat

Last but not least is the Specific Stat or "THE" power number. This will be the individual number for each spell (THE SPELL ITSELF). This number will also go from 1 to 5. Okay this is where the the notion of our "improvements" come in during each level.

The standard or standard max that I want to allow for any all spells once they are made/accquired will be 3. So the improvements will come between that maximum and 5. So if you reach the number 5 for a spell that spell is at it's most powerful and therefore is perfected.

Example
Spoiler:

So the spell's power number is "2 and a half" when I first obtain it. NO SPELL MAY GO PAST "3" when starting. That means I have 2 1/2 improvement jumps until the spell is perfected. Our Experience Mod. can set the amount it is raised by in increments of a half to 1 or even more if she wants. It all depends on how we want to award it. Rather it be through training or the actual RP.

So what do all of these numbers mean in the end. We add each of the numbers starting with Power Number. (The power number of the spell's strength itself will then be determined by both the element's type number and the primary power number.)

So 4 + 5 + 2.5 = 11.5 is the full power of the spell "General Quasar" That number can change if I improve the power number (i.e. that 2.5)

Understand?.............

So if anyone has any questions don't hesitate to ask. I know this is a lot of info but comb through it. I specifically need the Experience Moderator to look at this. Because it is not specifically my job to do this.

Last edited by Monty2289 on October 7th 2009, 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Sazu

Sazu

Character Sheet
Name: Atlas Cadfael Lethonious Zora
Race: Hylian (Cursed)
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience - Page 2 EmptyOctober 14th 2009, 5:54 pm

Well I wouldn't mind having a TWO instead of a ONE though, just a thought, I think I'd be the only one able to fend off your attacks and if it had a health system maybe even beat you, Monty X3 but yeah I'm the weakest offensively T_T...The only thing that could save me would be if I always used high lvl techniques that could balance out the weak offense that water brings....AGHHH IT SUCKS BEING A ONE!!!!
Back to top Go down
ShadowSkill89

Character Sheet
Name: Eisan Skygge Impara
Race: Sheikah
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience - Page 2 EmptyOctober 14th 2009, 6:56 pm

lol, well I guess, you could always usedefensive and buff spells to increase your magical abilities... (like offensive power for instance)
Back to top Go down
Monty2289
Admin
Monty2289

Character Sheet
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience - Page 2 EmptyOctober 14th 2009, 7:05 pm

That's true. I'm cool with allowing you guys to always pump out a level 3 spell. That is the highests your spells can start so if you feel like it make all the power number of your spells "3". Unless you guys want to increase that number. I'll make it fair and probably use spells that are mostly 2 to 2.5. If you guys are still hating your EPN (element power numbers)
Back to top Go down
ShadowSkill89

Character Sheet
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience - Page 2 EmptyOctober 14th 2009, 7:09 pm

well, I think it will force us to use more buffer type/ supportive spells with our current numbers, but I'm not hatin on mine, I'll make what ever you give me work...
Back to top Go down
Monty2289
Admin
Monty2289

Character Sheet
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience - Page 2 EmptyOctober 14th 2009, 8:45 pm

Well I don't think I'll allow so many buffers because I wouldn't see the point unless the boosting spells gave different effects (other than raising spell strength. You'd only really need one of those spells)
Back to top Go down
ShadowSkill89

Character Sheet
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience - Page 2 EmptyOctober 15th 2009, 2:30 am

Well, I didnt mean just to buff your own power but to also decrease other peoples, or a combination of both in the same spell...
Back to top Go down
Sazu

Sazu

Character Sheet
Name: Atlas Cadfael Lethonious Zora
Race: Hylian (Cursed)
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience - Page 2 EmptyOctober 15th 2009, 7:30 am

I don't mind really, I'll make do with what I got plus It'll give me a chance to come up with ways to increase my strength or outwit my opponents! XD
Back to top Go down
Monty2289
Admin
Monty2289

Character Sheet
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience - Page 2 EmptyOctober 15th 2009, 7:50 am

Seriously you guys are still kind of taking the EPN to heart. The individual spell's power always matters long before what sub-type the spell is. Infact I'll do you guys a soild

The highest default number for any one spell will be 5. That means you have increments of .5 to 1 to raise the power of a spell until it's perfected (When a spell reach 10 it is perfected)

There ya go...

Now it'll make you happy that most of my spells might be at 3 or lower and yours could ALL be at 5 (within reason).
Back to top Go down
LeBlanc

LeBlanc

Character Sheet
Name: Sherry Allison Ouka LeBlanc
Race: Human
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience - Page 2 EmptyOctober 15th 2009, 4:51 pm

I wasn't hatin at all. If my stats are bummy like these airline flights... I'll just improv and kick some Fire Ass.... and if science is still a factor I would win every time against a Hot head.
Back to top Go down
Monty2289
Admin
Monty2289

Character Sheet
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience - Page 2 EmptyOctober 15th 2009, 9:33 pm

by "fire ass" is she refering to me *pouts*

Fine then
Spoiler:

That's not a spoiler ^ ^;

But yeah....Power Number is 10 and highest default number within that is 5. So yay. I need to start on the Stat Encyclopedia.
Back to top Go down
LeBlanc

LeBlanc

Character Sheet
Name: Sherry Allison Ouka LeBlanc
Race: Human
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience - Page 2 EmptyOctober 16th 2009, 4:31 pm

Back to my question. Is Science still a factor. Like Fire and Water make Steam, Fire can't exst without oxygen... stuff like that. (and yes, you are the Fire Ass)
Back to top Go down
Monty2289
Admin
Monty2289

Character Sheet
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience - Page 2 EmptyOctober 16th 2009, 6:11 pm

Well yeah hun. Did you READ the Magic Strategy post in the Encyclopedia. Lori's team role as a sage was fueling the power of other sages. I double you could create a vacuum where I'd be stupid enough to get trapped in :/. But the wind normally does wonders form my element. Yusei + Sherry = Smexy Fire Cyclones ftw.

So yeah Science is a factor like um good example: An element or equivalent factor could knock you out your Shoku Master Formation. Enough water could do it to me (And by enough a lot would have to do it). Or how a vacuum (while not killing nee-chan) would knock her out of Shoku Master Formation. etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
ShadowSkill89

Character Sheet
Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience - Page 2 EmptyOctober 17th 2009, 2:35 am

hum, a vaccume would cancel your powers aswell wouldnt it? no atmosphere means no fire...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spell and Experience   Spell and Experience - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spell and Experience
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sages of the All World :: Out of Character :: Thinking Differently-
Jump to: